Canada is about to deport its first U.S. war resister, Corey Glass. All three opposition parties supported a NDP motion that would allow U.S. war resisters to stay in Canada but the Conservative government said no and will be ordering Mr Glass deported.
Lets look at the facts:
- The war in Iraq is an illegal war.
- American soldiers are being forced by the Bush administration to participate in the illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq.
- The Canadian people have overwhelmingly voiced their opposition to the war and the U.S. led occupation of Iraq.
- The government of Canada is supposed to represent the interests of the Canadian people.
Questions that come to mind:
- Who comes first the wishes of the Canadian people or the interests outgoing Bush administration?
- Is the Conservative government listening to Canadians?
- What’s next? Canadian troops in Iraq?